Little Portion Friary is hiring a Part-Time Volunteer Coordinator
Volunteer Coordinator Job Description
General Job Description:
Primary: The Volunteer Coordinates schedules and supervises volunteers and provides direction, coordination, of all volunteer functions within the Little Portion Friary. Develop, promote, and maintain a wide range of volunteer opportunities within the organization.
Job Duties and Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned as appropriate.)
Coordination of active volunteers:
- Maintain the volunteer schedule and fill call offs.
- Ensure volunteers are staffed to support the various areas of operations, to include shift staff, housekeeping, cooks, social work, administration, IT, education, outreach, marketing/communications, etc.
- Informally and formally assess volunteer staff regularly to assess needs for volunteer support and development
- Recommend the most efficient use of volunteers, appropriate volunteer/supervisory mix, and future workforce needs to support volunteer program operations
Recruitment of new volunteers:
- Recruit, interview and place applicants for volunteer work
- Develop a recruitment strategy and host and attend recruiting events within the community to attract qualified candidates
- Work with Board and Executive Director and professional associations to publicize opportunities for volunteers.
- Develop and maintain relationships with other volunteer organizations within the area
- Identify community outreach opportunities such as fairs, festivals, local markets and organizations
Training, documentation, evaluation and recognition:
- Conduct and/or arrange volunteer orientations and trainings, assign a mentor for on-the-job training.
- Develop and manage volunteer policies, procedures, and standards of volunteer service
- Organize and participate in volunteer recognition programs and special events
- Evaluate all aspects of volunteer programs to ensure effectiveness and to recommend/implement changes as appropriate
- Maintain accurate records and provide timely statistical and activity reports on volunteer participation
Support and Communications:
- Provide ongoing support and guidance for volunteers
- Act as a single point of contact for communications
- Confer with volunteers to resolve grievances and promote cooperation and interest
- Create and distribute various communications and publications and facilitate distribution of information relevant to volunteers
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
- A college degree desirable
- Have job-related experience managing volunteer programs or leading teams.
- Knowledge of management principles and evaluation techniques related to volunteer programs.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Proficient in basic computer applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, email, and Web research
- Record keeping skills (for admissions and marketing)
- Organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated capability to conduct one’s self in a calm and professional manner when dealing with the public and/or with difficult situations
- Demonstrated capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to work well with a diverse group of staff and volunteers
- Willingness to adjust hours to accommodate the needs of the job
- Ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities
- Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions
· A flexible 20 hours a week schedule, some of which can be conducted remotely
· Of the 20 hours, at least 4 hours per week will be scheduled as staff
· From time to time may need to supplement staff at special events for recruitment; i.e. tables at community events
Please send resume to [email protected]